Your Planning Starts Today.
Without instructions, family members may struggle to make your funeral arrangements. Grief and emotional stress make decisions more difficult — and differing views may create conflict. While loved ones may have good intentions, their choices may result in elaborate and costly funeral services — services you never envisioned — which can cause financial hardship to your survivors.
Since 1948, the Cleveland Memorial Society has contracted with selected funeral directors to provide these simple services for a low fixed price.
The funeral director of the establishment you select will transport the body of the deceased without embalming to a crematory to be cremated.
The funeral establishment you choose will place the body of the deceased without embalming into a modest coffin and a private burial will be held before a memorial service (if any).
Select one of our contracted funeral director and a simple service. Talk with your friends and family. Your loved ones will appreciate knowing your wishes.
The planning process is easy:
- Select a funeral director and simple service through the Cleveland Memorial Society’s planning arrangement.
- Talk with your family and/or friends about your plans for a simple service. Once you’ve had the discussion, you’ll see that your loved ones will appreciate knowing your wishes.
- Put your last wishes in writing. Include information about:
- Where or whether a memorial service should be held.
- Where you’d like to be buried, or, if you choose cremation, where you’d like your remains scattered or buried.
- The name, address and phone number of the funeral director you’ve selected.
- Financial arrangements you’ve made to cover the costs of the services.
- Other details, including lists of friends and family members to notify of your death, obituary information, preferred charities for memorial donations, music to be played at your memorial service, etc.